Integrating Your HR Systems for Maximum Engagement and Efficiency
There is one question, however, that weighs on me. How can we ensure our HR-related systems operate as intended, and how can we integrate them in a way that promotes efficiency and data reliability?
- Integrated HRMS eliminate double-keying, promote fast and accurate tracking of compliancerelated activities, and ensure data consistency. They are also more comprehensively used by the business, allowing for process improvements throughout the employee lifecycle and expanding HR’s strategic reach.
- If you currently have standalone systems you wish to keep because of their individual strengths, you can accomplish basic integration by using middleware, or pieces of software that join two HR systems and allow them to talk to each other.
- Achieve data uniformity by developing an interface that combines your analytics and building a centralized data warehouse for merged analytics from all your talent management systems and relevant business systems external to HR.
- Beware integration efforts that are short-sighted, starting with a task-related, transactional fix rather than a larger strategy addressing higher order business needs and organizational performance.
- It’s wise to consult your software vendors and your IT department before going too far down any integration path, but you should also be empowered to act yourself – via open APIs, plug-ins, and workflow software.